Monday, 27 February 2012

My new project..

SIince I'm suffering from writers block at the moment (can't write a word of my story, seriously- I try, but anything I manage isn't quite right;) I've decided I'll find my way into creativeness a different way. Most of my drawn art looks crap at the moment, since the scanner has oh-so-helpfully given up the ghost, so I've decided I'll head off in a more three dimensional direction. Inspired by somebody I saw on DeviantArt, my next project will be a sculpture.

More specifically, a posable, furry model of a polecat called Amelia. At the moment, I'm still at a planning stage, doing basic drawings and plans, but I'm planning to order the materials either tonight or tomorrow. (Whenever I can get Mum to use her amazon account to buy the stuff.) (I am paying for it by myself.) (Just for the record.)


Anyway, if things go according to plan, Amelia's basic frame will be constructed from modelling wire, wrapped around with pipe cleaners, etc, to give her the nice bulk and softness that is appropriate for a polecat of her stature. Her fur (also ordered from Amazon) will be a mixture of grey and electric blue, and her eyes... I haven't quite decided on yet. Also, I'm thinking the main problem may be her paws, which will be tricky to construct accurately, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way somehow.

Something of a stylised polecat, but a polecat nonetheless. I find the way polecats walk and the way their backs curve incredibly cute for some reason, not to mention their little bandit masks. And their noses. Aaaw.

So, yeah. I might upload some plans for her outline, etc, later. Depends if I can be bothered.

~Ziggy

No comments:

Post a Comment