Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Homework (Worthless) & Ideas for Amelia...

Homework. Two hours of it.

All possibility of me doing anything with my night has now gone, into the worthless time waster that is my education.

But I want to put that behind me. I know I've moved on.
Moving on to more interesting stuff, my pet hobby project Amelia. (My posable, furry, blue and grey polecat sculpture. More details up soon, when my materials arrive and I can actually start making her.)

(Or, you could just move down a few blogs to the 'My New Project' one. If you have no idea what I'm talking about.)

ANYWAY, I'm thinking I might write a short story to go with her, and upload it here, on DeviantArt, etc. You know, her tale? That depends how creative I'm feeling, plus how long I want this project to go on for, though. But one thing I know for definite is that she'll have a rhyme to go with her, you know like beanie babies when you first get them? On the tag? Sure you do. Unless you never had a childhood.

Except, obviously, the rhymes will probably be rather more sad/horrific/scary then beanie babies ones. (Whoever made them up was clearly no poet. Unlike me. Though I didn't know it.)

Amelia's definitely in the melancholy category. I like the same Amelia. To quote:

'You can step right into that name... Swim with it or spill it on your shirt. Whisper it over like a sad, soft ache, or bask it out like a mad, manic message: camellia, come heee-re, a-million, a murder you, ye-eah.'

I am such a big Jaclyn Moriarty fan, her books are so beautiful.

Returning to subject, I was thinking the rhyme to go with Amelia's name could be along the lines of:

She's not like other polecats
Because love tore her apart
And, inside her furry chest
There beats a broken heart.


Let me know what you think. :)

~Ziggy Lullaby

No comments:

Post a Comment